SPONSORED LINKS


The One That Got Away! Aga Muhlach's heartfelt love letter to Lea Salongga Viral Now!

The One That Got Away! Aga Muhlach's heartfelt love letter to Lea Salongga Viral Now!




Aga Muhlach’s “Love Letter to Lea” is currently circulating online.

The '80s matinee idol admitted in his love letter that Tony Award Best Actress Lea Salonga is “the one that got away” and that “she never knew” about it.

He narrated how she picked him up from rock bottom through their tandem in the 1992 romantic drama movie Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal. “I made my comeback. It was the right movie with the right girl at the right time,” wrote the actor and added, “That movie saved me. Lea saved me.”





He admired his leading lady for “her passion, charisma, and dedication to her craft” which serves as “a constant source of inspiration.” As a young man on fire with passion, he developed his love for her.

Their love story on-screen didn’t happen in real life, “I love her still, but perhaps because she got away, I have her as friend now, and so I will always have her. Anytime she needs me, andyan ako. Anytime I need her, she’s there.”





After the success of their movie, he was able to resurrect his career, and that paved for awards, accolades, and box office success. Aga Muhlach has cemented his place in the Philippine entertainment industry as a multi-award winning actor and product endorser as well as one of the top dramatic actors up to this day.

Below is the full text of Aga Muhlach's love letter to Lea Salongga.

AGA MUHLACH : Lea is the one that got away. And she never knew.

She never knew how she saved me. It was 1992, and I was at the very bottom of the industry. Walang wala ako noon. Wala akong pera, wala akong career, but with Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal, I made my comeback. It was the right movie with the right girl at the right time, Bakit labis kitang mahal resurrected my career. So lahat ng sumunod awards, accolades, box office success- was in no small part, because of her. Dahil sa kanya , umangat ako. That movie saved me. Lea saved me.





She never knew how much I admired her. Of course I admired her voice , which we celebrate tonight. But she is more than just a voice , although what a voice it is-transcendent , resplendent, indisputable, incomparable. Sobrang linis! Whether it is in a concert hall with thousands , or an intimate night at the Caryle for under a hundred, her voice is as clear as a bell , as breathtaking as the sunrise. Most people have no idea how much work goes into being as good as she as , and making it look as easy as she does. I admired her because she has never bought her own press, she doesn't bother pursuing the popular view,she;s always kept her disarmingly wry sense of humor. She has never changed,gusto ko yun about her. She is her own person. Gagawin nya ang gusto nya,'yung tingin nyang tama , at wala syang pakialam sa iniisip ng iba. I looked up to her because she has never changed , in a world and an industry that is always changing.

She never knew how much she taught me. She is the ultimate professionasl,aka, she is always on time! Kapag call tim 8a.m., 8a.m. talaga. Walang 8:05, 8:15. Kaya pati ako , napilitang maging maaga! And I never hear the end of it, as I will always be the "late" Aga Muhlach> Her passion , charisma and dedication to her craft are a constant source of inspiration. More importantly, she lives her life straightforwardly, unreservedly, unapologetically. When she gives there is neither condition nor expectation. She says or does something nice for you, and she doesn't care if you notice. She doesn't need you to return the favor. ' di nyo kailangang pagusapan.



She never knew how much I loved her. It was a lifetime ago, I was a young man on fire withpassion , as all young men of certain age are. I wooded fair ladies, and dreamed of shaping the world. And to me , Lea was Sandy- ethereal ,aloof, unattainable ; my very heart's desir. Lea was Agnes- vulnerable yet remote,kind yet callous, constantly engaged in a battle of wills. And I loved Agnes and Sandy and Lea in equal measure.

Lea is the one that got away. And she never knew.

So know she knows. We are older and wiser now, we have gone our own ways , we are no longer the same. But the fire has not ebbed. rather it has grown deeper , stronger, quiter more enduring. I love her still, but perhaps because she got away. I have her as friend now , and so I will always have her. Anytime sheneeds me, andyan ako. Anytime I need her , she's there.

Lea, bakit labis kitang mahal? It's because you are, and have always been, so real. Walang kaplastikan , walang arte, walang drama. Pinakita mo sakin ang totoong pagkatao mo. You are the real thing.



My most fervent prayer for you is that you shine even morw brightly and that you and Rob and Nicole continue to love and cherish and take care of each other. Sa dami ng gusto mo pang gawin , kung saan ka man dalhin ng Dyos, san huwag ninyong pabayaan ang isa't isa.

My dear friend, 35 years! Bihirang bihira ang ganyan - you are an artist who has had a successful career spanning decades , and still you have kept your good name, the repect of your peers and adoration of your fans . You make our country proud! You make me rpoud.

Congratulations, my deat on all your success. You deserve it! Mahal kita . And congratulations in advance on out third movie. - all good things come in threes diba? Kaya.... sana maulit muli

-Aga


Previous
Next Post »

Breaking News

Popular Posts